NEWS - Recent talks, presentations, publications
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, WTO Conference 2017 (CACI III), Digital Trade -- the Way Forward, São Paulo, July 7
- Georgetown Law/Graduate Institute Geneva Annual Conference on WTO Law, Geneva, Switzerland, June 9-10: Chairing panel on "Making Trade Dispute Settlement More Effective and Inclusive: Informal Reforms at the WTO and Alternative Hard and Soft Law Systems in and outside of the WTO", June 9
- Conference on Dispute Settlement in Free Trade Agreements, Kings College London, May 26-27: presenting on dispute settlement relationship to political bodies, chair and commentator on The Elephant in the Room & The Way Forward
- Fletcher School Tufts University Capstone Retreat, April 17, Trade Policy and Trade Law in 2017
- Organizer and principal trainer, training course on the WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade -- history, law and practice, US Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service, May 2017
- Global Business Dialogue, talk on Border Taxes and the WTO, National Press Club, March 29
- Led the Planning Committee for the annual International Trade Update conference, Georgetown University Law Center, March 9-10; organized and chaired panel on WTO Global Analysis reviewing WTO jurisprudence on trade remedies in 2016-17.
- Chaired Panel II, Future Challenges for International Financial Law, at the Society of International Economic Law Biennial Global Conference at the University of the Witwatersrand Mandela Institute in Johannesburg, South Africa, July 7-9 on International Economic Law in a Diverse World
- Digital trade for beginners, talk at Washington International Trade Association/George Washington University One-Day Intensive Trade Seminar, May 13
- Talk on digital trade issues at Old Rules, New Problems: The WTO at 20, WTO Appellate Body 20th Anniversary Conference, Harvard Law School, April 27-29
- E15 Initiative published Data Moving Across Borders: The Future of Digital Trade Policy, think piece with Alice Enders, April 26
- Co-chaired International Trade Update conference, Georgetown University Law Center, February 25-26
- Data moving across borders: presentation on trade agreements, TPP and digital trade, pre-Davos working meeting, World Economic Forum Future of the Internet Initiative, December 2, New York
- "Cross-border dataflows and their governance", think piece with Alice Enders, presented at the July 30-31 E15 Initiative Second Expert Group Workshop on the Digital Economy, Columbia University, New York
- "Law in the Uruguay Round negotiations", talk at June 1 WTO book launch conference for A History of Law and Lawyers in the GATT/WTO: The Development of the Rule of Law in the Multilateral Trading System, edited by Gabrielle Marceau (Cambridge U. Press, 2015).
- "Year in Review in WTO Law 2014-15", panel moderator, International Trade Update conference, Georgetown University Law Center, February 27. Here's the handout I did for the panel: WTO Panel + Appellate Body Reports 2014-15
- "Subsidies and Trade in Renewable Energy Products", talk at Society of International Economic Law 2014 Biennial Conference, World Trade Institute, Bern, Switzerland, July 12.
- "Clean Energy and Trade", International Centre for Trade & Sustainable Development (ICTSD) Dialogue July 8, 2014 at WTO Secretariat, celebrating the formal launch of negotiations on the WTO Environmental Goods Initiative.
- "WTO and SOEs", presentation at Second OECD Workshop on SOE Trade and Investment by State-Owned and State-Controlled Enterprises, Paris, June 19.
- "Climate-Related Trade Disputes: What Impact for Future Climate Policies?" at ICTSD Trade & Climate Change Day, Bonn (UNFCCC), June 11.
- British Institute of International & Comparative Law (BIICL), 14th Annual WTO Conference: chaired panel on WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, May 15.
- Co-chair, International Trade Update conference, Georgetown University Law Center, February 27-28.
- Spoke on trade and clean energy at Bali Trade & Development Symposium at the Ninth WTO Ministerial Conference, December 3-5, 2013. Symposium was organized by the Geneva-based International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD) with its Indonesian partner, the Centre for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS).
BIICL 13th Annual WTO Conference, May 15-16: chaired panel on: "Post-Doha - Where do we go now?"